|
|
|
||
|
||||
Well Everybody!
The time has come and
now I must leave Västra Frölunda! But this all came about awesomely so lets get
to the summary of the week!
Monday, it was
difficult but I made it through. My companions were very kind to me as I was
feeling very sick. They allowed me to sleep and got laundry done and then made
breakfast for me as I took a shower. We then went to the center to do our
emails. Mette came and did splits with me so that I could relax. We did some
service at our apartment for my companions and then came and taught Tony. We
listened to a talk in portuguese and taught about the Word of Wisdom. It was
awesome to see how much he actually understands when we teach. He just has a
tough time clarifying his understanding in Swedish.
Tuesday, we did some
splits again as we found old investigators and Mette and I went to Eriks to see
him. While I was waiting for Mette to come I remembered that we hadnt sent in
orders for a while. So I got the list made and logged on to my email to send
them in. And Voila! I had an email from Stephanie about Alexander! Boy was I
excited! I loved the first line. "I hope that you have some random reason
to check your email before next monday." It certainly was a random reason
and I am so thankful that I was able too! It made my day! He is doing so good.
He is going home actually today! He is in a wheel chair and is as happy as can
be. Not stimulated by pain meds even. We started going through the baptismal
questions and boy are we all thankful for google translate. He didnt really
understand the wording of the question in Swedish. So we used it to translate
to portuguese! He is super sweet! Afterwards we went to visit Kierstin, she is
doing better each time we visit her. She is also working on giving a Book of
Mormon out.
Wednesday, we are
working on doing church tours here in Västra Frölunda so I have been teaching
my companions how we did them in Visalia. Its super cool the Spirit it brings.
We are planning on taking the YSAs on them before investigators so we can work
all of the kinks and things out. We visited Christer and gave him part of
Preach My Gospel to help him recognize the Spirit in his life. We got blåsted
by Mike again, we called an hour before our appointment time and he said he was
on his way then 15 minutes after the time he was supposed to be there and he
said he was driving. Its sad to see him ignore us like that. He was super good
and has a great testimony of Christ.
Thursday, we had
District Meeting. Äldste Carr and Mikola taught about the story of David and
Goliath. It was super good. We learned a bunch of things. Which leads into my
challenge for this week! The talk is called "Meeting Your Goliath" by
President Monson. http://lds.org/new-era/2008/06/meeting-your-goliath?lang=eng&query=finding+your+goliath Now
there is no excuse! Please take the time to read the talk and apply it to the
Goliaths in your life. What are things in your life that need to
be reassessed and taken one step at a time to overcome? How can you
overcome things that seem so big you can't clear it? I know that it is only by
our faith in the Lord and Savior that we are able to make our weak things
strong (Ether 12:27) We must have the courage to give them to the Lord and with
His power our weaknesses will become our strengths! I have seen this time and
time again while here in Västra Frölunda. I've got tons of weaknesses Im
working on here and I cant seem to overcome them myself, try as I might. But
the second I become humble enough to ask the Lord for help and to work with me
I am able to be that help to Him, myself, and others. It's a wonderful
experience. We then stopped by Erik to see how things were going after a less
active forgot about our appointment. We had a dinner with a member and the
Elders. We found a book called Happiness for Dummies. I really enjoyed it we
learned about ways to know if a smile is a real smile or not! It's now an
inside joke between our little Västra Frölunda family.
Friday, we had a
Family Picnic as we met at the center and had Mosens and homemade cobbler for
lunch with the elders. We all know that the time is short for us all being
together so we spent a lot of the day working and planning at the center.
Talitha made it back while we were looking for a talk for Tony. Syster Sprague
jumped out and practically tackled her! I followed shortly behind. Since the
center has been closed it just seems that she has been on vacation and now is
home. But she is actually not. So its sad! We had lots of fun with her though.
She helped us with some problems and as always brought a mature side to the wabbly
missionary table.
Saturday, our studies
were rough! It was difficult to concentrate as we awaited Presidents call. He
called during our second hour of study. I'm going to Jönköping with Syster
Schneiber! Im senior companion, this will be her second transfer. Im super
excited and as you all can imagine a little stressed. I know that if that's
what President feels I am prepared for; Heavenly Father will prepare me. I have
so many ideas that I want to run past her so I am excited to get to see her and
get to know her more. Ive only seen her once before. We then visited Christer
and had a great conversation about feeling the Spirit through the music thats
around us. Its awesome! He recognized the Spirit in the Music and it helped
clear up his understanding a lot. We began a fast with the YSA to help some of
them in their situations. It was super cool to be involved of such a spiritual
experience for all of these YSAs who care so much about those around them. They
Rock! I will never forget them.
Sunday, we had our
last sacrament meeting in Västra Frölunda. We were able to have many members
sign in my buddy book and took pictures with lots of them. It was awesome. We
switched our fast sunday to this sunday so we were all able to bear our
testimonies. It was funny. Äldste DeLeeuw made his way to the front and Syster
Jenson was quick at his heals. I was sitting by Syster Sprague so I asked her
"Am I supposed to go now?" She said yes so I went up too. I got a
little teary eyed as I bore my testimony of thankfulness to all of the many
good people who I have learned so much from in the time that I have been in
this ward. They all rock and I am so thankful for the chance to serve here. We
ended up not having a dinner planned so Västra Frölunda decided to have another
dinner at the center together. Once we arrived at the center our Zone Leaders
were there so they joined us for dinner. It was really nice to get to know
everyone a little better before we all go separate ways. Jenson is going to
Gävle and DeLeeuw is going to Stockholm Sprague is staying here and getting two
new companions. There have been many changes this transfer and Im excited to
see the miracles from them. I feel the Lord is in all that has gone on and that
will go on. Although I will miss this center and all my friends here I know
that there is some reason why i need to go to Jönköping. Not sure what it is
but I wasn't sure why I needed to serve a mission, why I went to Halmstad or
even why I came here. But after it all I know that I have been blessed in all
of the areas that I have found. Its great to figure them out after it all!
Heavenly Father is guiding us even when we can't really place a finger on where
it is.
Right now Its snowing
outside and I can hardly stand it any longer! I must go out and play! P-day is
today and I cant wait to get out in there. The Elders have gone to play soccer
but we have other plans of shopping and hanging out for the last time here in
Västra Frölunda. The cool thing is, is that I can potentially come back on
pdays and visit Syster Sprague and the other sisters that will be here next. I
hope to hear from everyone soon! I love you all! Thanks for all of your
support!
Love
Syster Juker

No comments:
Post a Comment