Monday, January 2, 2012

Bergita Returns!




From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 4:00 AM
Subject: Bergita Returns!

Hello Near and Dear Ones,

This week has been a great mixture of emotions! All throughout life things go up and down and Christ is always there for us to left us up or keep us there. Its an awesome feeling! 

Monday, I found my winter boots! Heavenly Father is keeping His eyes out for me! I spent not that much and they are awesome. Right now they say that its going to be a mild winter because its the first week of december and the sun is shining through the window. We will see what actually happens. 

Tuesday, We met a woman who had visited Temple Square and requested a Mormons Bok. It was good but she believes in everything and doesn't want to meet until she has read the whole thing. Afterwards we worked out our invitations for our Christmas party until our member middag with the Sahlin Family. It was super cool They are a great familly and really keep us laughing the whole time. 

Wednesday, we had a great lesson with a less active member over lunch. Afterwards we were able to pick up a package and go to the church. My companions had never been on a church tour. So with no warning or preparation before I went and did one. It was awesome! I am so thankful for the missionaries in Visalia that let me go on tours. Its going to work great here with our investigators who dont really know whats going on or anything
Thursday, we had an awesome District Meeting where Äldste DeLeeuw talked of a turkey who learned to fly and flew around celebrating then walked home. We made the analysis that of the great work and lessons we learned from President Causee we have to implement it. So we determined that we are going to make it a conscious decision to speak swedish while in the center and around town. Im super excited for all of us to be on the same page now. We had dinner with the Holdaways and then went home and I packed for Halmstad.

Friday, I was waiting in the center for President and Syster Newell when I happened upon a picture of Syster Anderson in the Ensign! I was so excited! Hope you can find it. We got to chat a little bit before getting on our train to Halmstad. We talked the whole train ride. Syster Newell dropped me off with the Systers and we went to eat some lunch. We got to teach Francis! I was super excited! I hadn't heard much about him for a long while. So we caught up a bit and then had a good talk with the systers as we walked home for dinner. Syster Newell came and we had a good companion study before Syster Vistaunet and I went and burnt tights for our halfway point. It was cool. Syster DeTinne-Cassel was on the phone with us. It was awesome. 

Saturday, Syster Newell rented a car so we could go to our service project on time. She rolled up in an Audi and it was really funny to see for two days I got to ride in one! We cleaned a preschool and played with the Alacorns babies. I got to talk in swedish to little kids and we practiced picking up rocks and throwing them, it was fun. We had a great lunch with the bishop and his wife before teaching a less active who I really had a hard time understanding last time I was there. I talked with many members and understood what it is to have a southern accent in sweden. It's difficult to see when I was there the first time but now I certainly notice. We had a fireside where we watched a movie called 17 Miracles. Its great! Find it and watch it! I cried. The miracle we have been given of faith. No matter what needs to be done the fact that we can show faith and believe, anything can happen. In all reality! The Faith required is great but we can do it and all things are possible!

Sunday, We had a great program planned in Relief Society and Priesthood, then in primary as well. I helped in the relief society and priesthood meeting as I translated for an elder women who cannot english. It was funny as President Newell began to speak he asked, Kan du översatte för henne? (Can you translate for her?) My heart stopped as I took the seat next to her and helped her understand. We then got to do role plays in front of everyone. I really don't like them but they work. We practiced them in front and then I was paired to do it in Swedish with the lady and it was super fun. I can Swedish! 

In primary we had an awesome analogy for feeling the Spirit. You have a bag full of various fruit and a person closes their eyes and sticks their hand in. They can't look but they know what fruit is what. Its the same with the Spirit, we dont know how to discribe it unless we become familiar with it. It is our responsibility to find it, familiarize ourselves with it and do those things to learn about the Spirit. This in lies the challenge this week. In Preach my gospel there is a section on Recognizing the Holy Ghost. I know that if we take time to learn things about the spirit we are more likely to live with the guidience of the Lord in our lives everyday. Its something easier said then done sometimes but it ever worth it. 

I got pictures of all of many different experiences this week. I've sent a few. I came home and then Talitha and I were companions as I arrived in central station and then to the Julkonsert. It went really well, the choir sang Unto Us a Child is Born! It reminded me of dear old 6th ward at home. I miss that so much. So I hope someone sings it for christmas this year! 
https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

I hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much! Build your faith and read some scriptures!

Love
Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment