|
||||
|
||||
Nära och Kära,
Wowzers! Has this week been one for the books!
Its gone by super slow but at the same time super fast! That stinkin' time warp
from the MTC continues! I never thought about it before, but the days felt so
long at home, now before I know it Im dead tired and in bed. I love it! It
feels so good to go home and be completely spent from the work of our Savior! I
kinda feel it catching up with me though. I may be catching a cold as well as a
tooth ache. Ut oh! Ill keep you posted as things go along.
Last Monday we kept a tradition up of having
an "Annan Dag" tradition with the Baker family. They had a huge
Christmas feast for us missionaries and we were able to watch movies with them.
i played some Wii Sports with Sophia and It just felt weird to be doing those
kinds of things. They were having a difficult time deciding on a movie so I
played and when I came back to the room they were starting Bilar 2! I wanted to
see it so bad and I got too! So no worries Mom we will be able to watch it
again together and Juju can be there too!
Last Tuesday we had a different kind of day
because it was tuesday and we hadn't done weekly planning. We decided to do
that before the week got away from us. Its been hard to keep our investigators
because as soon as we find out where they live its not in our area. We are
determined to find more people to teach so we buckled down and went through our
area book. There are a lot of people in there, so we just started calling and
ended up getting a bunch of appointments from people who are wanting more. The
records go back a few years, now it seems like these people who dropped themselves
are willing to make changes and do more to follow their Savior! Its an exciting
time! We then had dinner with a less active who made us cupcakes with different
patterns on top. They were pretty delicious! We had some time afterwards to
visit someone. I felt like we needed to go visit our new member who is
struggling a little bit. So we headed his way. i was a bit disappointed as we
rang up and no one answered. We tried it a second time, and he let us up. He
had just got back from seeing his son in Denmark and hadnt even set down his
bags before we had rung up. He told us that our timing was incredible. I
remember going to teach him and how hard I had to listen to understand his
swedish and be able to respond somewhat intelligently. But this time it was
simple, I could teach and explain his questions when given the chance. Its been
such a wonderful growing experience here in Västra Frölunda! I can swedish! It
felt wonderful!
Last Wednesday, we planned on visiting less
actives. Our dear friend Kiersten hadnt been at church so we went to visit her
first. It was windy and rainy, so we figured she would stay in her house
because of health problems. As we turned a corner Syster Sprague noticed,
"Hey isnt that Kiersten?" and sure enough it was! All bundled up and
walking to the post office to send Christmas gifts to her grandchildren. She
made us promise we would come back another time. So we did! She lives right
around the corner from Dancia, an amazing member in our ward, whom we havent
seen in a long while. So we decided to go and visit her. She randomly came to
mind as we came up the stairs to find Kiersten. She had been having a rough
week and thought about us the night before as she was crying. Its been an
awesome experience to be able to follow the spirit and know how to help those
around me. I dont know that I have been able to recall so clearly a prompting
from the spirit as I have this past week! Heavenly Father loves each and every
one of us and it shows in all of the things that happen everyday! Even the
things that are difficult to go through can be for our blessing in the end.
That truth is a major part of my growing testimony! We went and saw another
concert of Sophias Christmas tree thing. It was pretty sweet! Im pretty sure
the songs were all the same as the time before but it was awesome! Ive lived
here since June ish and I had never been to the bishops house until this
evening! It was pretty awesome! They are all so fun to be with! We laughed and
ate lots of food. Syster Angelini told us that a young women in our ward had
stuffed 17 of these santa marshmellow people in her mouth at once. So after
that we were determined to try! I fit like 6 and my companions both fit all 17!
It was an adventure but it was great!
Thursday our district meeting was great! Our
district leaders Nelson and DeLeeuw retold the story of Lots wife and looking
back. But our looking back was good. We sort of counted our blessings from this
past year and made goals to become better this year. It was great! We then went
to visit a less active in Molndahl before visiting Erik. He has had surgery on
both of his legs and is in a lot of pain. He was in tears as we were talking
with him, so he hid is face in his hands and began to breathe really hard. But
just as always, his attitude clicked back in as he said, "shu, shu, LUKE,
I AM YOUR FATHER!! shu shu!" I dont know that there is anything in this
world that can get that kid down! He is awesome and is working on praying
again! Im excited to see his progress!
Friday we had weekly planning again! twice in
the same week it was pretty intense. Syster Jenson got Chirstmas! So we
celebrated with her as she opened her presents. Then we went to a family for
dinner! It was pretty awesome, the children were all excited to see us and still
on that Chirstmas candy high. It was fun to hang out with them for a little
bit. Then we met by the ocean a few of the YSA and did a memorial for Mettes
mother. Who had passed away a few years ago. We lit lanterns together on a
little island. It was a super nice experience. As we were walking home a puppy
ran up to us! It was so excited and scared at the same time. We decided to help
it out, it was freezing. So we had some YSAs come and take care of the puppy
for us. She was cute!
Saturday we did Splits as Mette and I ran out
and put up swedish class flyers and My companions stayed at the center
for some teaches that fell through. It was freezing and it hurt to be out for a
long time. So we came back and defrosted a bit before our teach with Ehsan. We
watched 17 miracles with him and committed him to test his faith and put school
first. Even and especially on Sunday. The spirit was so strong, we all
testified and he could feel it. The Andersons then picked us up to take us to
our member dinner with the Mattsson family. They had 9 missionaries over
including the Andersons. And Boy would you guys be proud of me! I ate so many
things that I didnt like! We sat down at the table to a shrimp pickle like
salad. I ate it! It took everything I had not to lose it. But I kept it! Drank
like three glasses of water with it but it stayed down. The rest of the meal
was nice! As we were inbetween courses we sat on the couch and a little ways
off there was a TV on with Utah vs Georgia Tech on. It was ridiculous how much
of a temptation that created for all of us missionaries. The head of the house
noticing the tempation told us it was part of the party and invited us to go
watch. It was awesome! We got to watch half the game before going home to
celebrate on our own at home. The Fireworks were crazy! It sounded like a
battlefield. I was super tired. I contemplated doing as Dad does and waking up
just a bit before midnight. But the fireworks were too much.
Sunday was different that's for sure. We were
late to church. Made it in as they were welcoming everyone. It was only an hour
and a half long and we had people talk of the ward mission plan. Its really a
great plan, comprising of 3 steps. We are focusing on it this year. 1) Choose
Happiness- in all you do remember its your choice 2) Serve Others- no matter
where you are there is someone else that needs help choose to be the one who
helps. 3) Go to the Temple- visit the temple regularly and often. We stayed
around as we tried to figure out a middag situation. We ended up going home and
eating cleaning a bit, shinning shoes and Syster Jenson taught me the Rubix
cube. I'm working on mastering it still. I still haven't solved in on my own
yet. We then had a dinner with the elders at the center because they didn't
have time to go home and get all their things done. So we all cooked together.
This weeks challenge came about while
travelling to the center on the spårvagn this morning. As I was contemplating
what I would write to everyone, I felt an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for
the gift of remembering. Every day I am able to remember certain things that
have helped me develop better then I have ever been before. I call them Faith
Builders. If you can just think back on your life, think about the different
situation that you have been in when you have felt the spirit work through you,
comfort you, or help you in any way. I know that the task seems daunting at
first. It was that way for me as well. I have felt a new resolve to do better
at following the Spirit as I have reflected on the ways it has already
influenced me. Im reminded of a quote from Preach My Gospel by Elder Richard G.
Scott, "Knowledge carefully recorded is knowledge available in time of
need. Spiritually sensitive information should be kept in a sacred place that
communicates to the Lord how you treasure it. This practice enhances the
likelihood of your receiving further light." So my challenge for you today
is to start a faith builder journal. Contemplate, and write those down. I know
that there is power in the written word and even more power in written
testimony. As you do this I know that Heavenly Father will bless you and you
will be comforted in all that you do.
Thank you all for everything that you do for me. You guys rock!
Love Syster Juker



No comments:
Post a Comment