Monday, January 2, 2012

A Privilege to Partake


From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:36 AM
Subject: A Privilege to Partake


Hejsan!

Jag hoppas alt är bra med er! Denna vecka gick jätte snabbt! Vi har gjort mycket för att hjälpa människor kom närmare Kristus! Det känns underbart! Jag vet inte därför jag skrev på svenska just nu men jag gjorde det ändå! =) Kan ni förstår vad jag skrev?

I måndags vi bara skrev brev till våra familjer och vänner. Oh that needed to stop because I only have a certain amount of time to write and it takes forever to translate what I want to say into Swedish because English is still first! But I am working on it so no worries! =) We had a really nice teach with one of our investigators about God and how he is not only our creator but our Father in Heaven. We cant seem to create a desire within to know and ask if He is her Father as well. Any suggestions? 

I tisdags vi hade många som vi skulle träffa med men det går inte. We taught our investigator with a baptismal date and he is still progressing and now knows that The Book of Mormon came from God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet without a doubt. When he bore his testimony about the things that he has learned and how the Holy Ghost had testified to him of the truth It about had me in tears, the Spirit was so strong! We then visited a less active whose parents are visiting from Mexico. They only speak Spanish and very little English. This is where it pays off to grow up in Visalia! I was able to understand again through the Spirit what he wanted to say and translate it for my companions. It was such a wonderful experience to understand what he was trying to say to us. Her son speaks Spanish and some Swedish. He was playing in a little fort and so we tried to talk to him in Swedish. He brought his toy cars of Lightening McQueen and The King out to play with us! I was stoked! I had just put one of the stickers Mom gave me on my name-tag. So I showed it to him and we were immediate friends. I think my companions were jealous! We had another lesson with one of our investigators who knows a little Swedish and no English, we taught the Plan of Salvation and it went pretty well. We had a member who knows Portuguese with so that he could translate our Swedish more clearly into Portuguese.

I onsdags vi gav en UV en heartattack! Another lesson with our investigator with a  baptismal date. Where our member taught me a new word! Topan! It means like thats awesome, all rolled into one single word! Its topan! =) We had a lesson with our newest investigator, she lived up in Norrland with a member family who owns a farm and they gave her a Mormons Bok and she wanted to learn more. She is super sweet and reminds me a lot of Monica! I love it! We had an awesome experience where we deceived one of our YSAs who is less active. We wanted to heart attack her room while she was at school but her class got cancelled and she was just going to go home, but after our teach she was at the center. So Syster Jenson went on splits with her as Syster Sprague and I "went to put up Swedish Class Flyers" aka heart attack her room. She lives a good deal away by tram so we hopped on and I knew we had to switch trams midway through at Mariplan. So we hopped off grabbed some goodis and then hopped on the other tram. About 20 minutes later I realized that we were back to where we started from. We took a big gigantic circle. We jumped off and did some cool Swedish practice as we had one minute to teach the Plan of Salvation. We finally got on the right one headed the right way. I blame it on the fact that I had only ever been there once and I wasnt entirely sure where I was going. We got there and got it all decorated. Syster Jenson called and told us that since we were taking so long she and our YSA were going to go get some shoes she could wear for Pday from her house. They came and we hid in the corner of her dark room and scared her really badly. It was pretty funny. People in Sweden dont do Heart attacks sadly. We then had an awesome experience with another of our less actives as She shared with us how she was able to talk with her best friend about things and resolve the problem that had kept them from speaking for years and years. 

I torsdags we had a cool district meeting on effective study and then ended up going to the Vårdcentral to have Syster Sprague's heart checked out. While waiting my companions were able to teach someone in the waiting room. It was interesting but it took a turn for the worse as he realized that we don't date while we are on missions. It was comical being on the outside of the situation and being far enough away that it would be super awkward for me to say anything. We had to cancel a member dinner because we were stuck in the vårdcentral for approximately 2 and a half hours. it was crazy!

I fredags we got to do weekly planning and made cards for the children of the Holdaways. It was super cool! It was pretty much just a way to show them that we loved them and they really ended up liking it a lot. The Systers had the spiritual thought so we used Helaman 5:12 and used an object lesson with Jenga! I loved it and the kids enjoyed it as well.

I lördags we had multiple teaches and they went pretty well. My favorite was with our scientific investigator. I thought about how we could connect his scientific mind with his interest in the church. I was reminded of the Scientific Method a week ago and figured we could use that in some way. He wasn't able to meet for a couple week so we put it on hold. On the way into town I thought of Moroni's promise of the Holy Ghost witnessing of truth. (10:3-5) We took the Scientific Method and created an experiment for him to test the Holy Ghost. He seemed stoked and I really felt the Holy Ghost working through us. It was awesome! We hadn't seen one of our new members whom we usually see multiple times because he lives close to us. We stopped by his house and no one would let us in. We are nervous about it so we were secret agent systers as we tried to figure out if his lights were on or not. Sadly they were not so we are still nervous. 

Igor, I söndags, We had church where we had planned on having 4 investigators and 3 less actives there. EVERYONE canceled =( It was a bummer. We had one unexpected investigator show up which made things feel better as everyone slowly cancelled. Our member dinner cancelled and so we ended up going home after getting some appointments for the week. Syster Sprague and Jenson made pancakes and then we worked on a surprise we have for some of our investigators. Its pretty awesome. We also worked on our lesson plan for our district meeting, yup we actually get to teach it this week! Im super excited for it actually. Its on Unity and relying on the Spirit. Its an interesting topic considering what explosion happened and how we are at a loss as to what we can do to fix whatever is broken. Not entirely sure what is broken but It certainly is broken. Its been super quiet since last night between the few of us. Its lame. 

Challenge time! So during personal study today I found a talk that a friend of mine had sent to me while I was in the MTC, about the sacrament. Its called "Sacrament Meeting and the Sacrament" by Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone. It was an awesome talk about the privilege that we have as members to partake of the sacrament. How the meeting itself is something wonderful and that we should be aware of our part that we have in the meeting itself be it if we are just attending or if we are actively involved. I hope that you all can look it up. It really strengthened my testimony on how much we need to prepare and attend the meeting. If we are not there we cannot participate in the meeting, feel of the Spirit that uplifts us and makes life so much easier to go through each week. I hope that you can read this talk and apply it in your life. My wish is to see you all in church on Sunday. If you can make it happen I know that the Lord will bless your obedience with blessings that you cannot fathom! 

I love you all so much! Thanks for all the emails! Be good and have a great week!
Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment