| May 23, 2011 |
Hey everybody!
Its pretty crazy how the time works, long days, short nights and even shorter weeks. Its been awesome though! We did better on our goals this week, did some tracting and some visits with less actives. I really enjoy visiting them, they are kind and speak slowly so I can understand what they say. Some people have strong accents so occasionally its difficult.
Well I dont know if you guys heard about how the world was supposed to end at 6pm on satuday? But evidently it was supposed to. A guy was on CNN and talking about it. dont worry we werent watching it. We did get texts from someone asking about doomsday and things like that. So we answered their questions and tried to calm their fears. He was still scared so we met with him and taught him the Restoration and how when the world does go that way the Prophet will know and tell those who will listen. It was a pretty great lesson. He is really sincere and has accepted to prepare to be baptized. Its pretty awesome.
While we were out contacting this week I actually opened my mouth. lol It seems like the toughest thing to do; but at the same time the easiest. I know the gospel will help everyone but they just wont accept it. Its tough. I studied this week about the power and authority we have from God to preach His gospel. Its pretty awesome! I know that I have been strengthened from that knowledge as well as from all of your prayers.
Sunday was busy, we taught relief society, taught an investigator about baptism, I spoke in sacrament meeting, we visited less active members, we had a member teach and dinner with the Stode family. They are awesome! Its cool to be able to follow conversations in swedish even if its still super hard to talk. I know whats going on now so im thankful. I dont feel so foolish when people are talking. My talk was on peace, it was rather difficult to get the guts up to go and speak but the spirit was super strong all day yesterday. It was awesome!
We got bikes, Jack and Josephine, lol yup we named them. Recieveing our bikes was as momentious as getting a new car at 16! lol We no longer have to go by bus schedule, we are free!!! =) Its a wonderous feeling. Well except when it rains, then its rather chilly but fun none the less. I am not all that coordinated in the riding of bikes and in a skirt makes every trip an adventure!
This week we have taught many people about the Restoration of truth through Joseph Smith. Its a great history one I am very thankful for. One thing Id like you all to do is to find a quiet place where you can be alone and read Joseph Smith´s own account of what happened. Then to kneel down in prayer and ask for reasurance in your faith. I know that these things are true. That Joseph Smith really saw God and Jesus Christ and that through him Jesus Christ Restored the fullness of His Gospel´. Its an awesome knowledge and I know that even if you already knew, seeing as I have for a while now, that you will be strengthened and that your testimony will grow. Every time we share the first vision their is a special spirit that comes and its an awesome feeling. Im so thankful for the blessing of knowing what we know and the opportunity I have to share it with everyone here in Halmstad! (Brother Bob, Just do it =))
I love you all and thanks for all you do! Keep up the good work and help out the missionaries where ever they are! You guys rock!
love,
Syster Juker

No comments:
Post a Comment