Monday, May 16, 2011

SWEDEN!

May 9, 2011

Wowzers!

Its been a great day so far! I'm in Halmstad Sweden with my Trainer Syster Page! We have lots to do here in Halmstad and I'm super excited to get it done. I know I had a little come apart in the phone call today but I think its just goes to show where my heart is. I know that this is the most important message anyone can ever receive. It just hurts when someone doesn't have time for it. I know my testimony isn't wavering bit and I know that no matter what I have grown so much with all of these experiences. I'm so thankful to be here right now and to represent The Lord in Halmstad.

Halmstad is a little ward with some awesome members. Yesterday we got to meet with the Bishop and Ward Mission leader to talk about the goals they have in mind for the ward and how we can help them achieve their goals. It was an awesome meeting. We then got to substitute for Young Women and teach them. I was really excited to understand a lot if not most of what was going on even though it was all in Swedish! After that we had Sunday School, we met Annette, one of our investigators and she seems really sweet. I cant wait to actually teach her a lesson with Syster Page. In sacrament meeting we were introduced to the ward and were invited to bear our testimonies. It was kind of difficult but the spirit was very strong as I opened my mouth. I really appreciated the opportunity to do so in like a safe zone.

We had some difficulty with our calling card, as most of you know. I started to be a little bummed about it all. But I said a prayer and gained a different focus while sorting through the details. It all turned out well and we were able to both talk with our families. Our focus for now is to strengthen the members and help them be united so we can have success in bringing others into the fold. I'm excited to make plans and accomplish things here in Halmstad. It really reminds me of our little Summit Ward in Utah. I love it

Well I love you all! The pictures attached are of our apartment and walking home and of me at the church! I hope you like them! Thanks for all your love and support! I hope you all get the chance to Read Alma 32 and talk about what you can do to increase your faith. I know that if we all have a goal to be better in just one area Heavenly Father will help us every step of the way. Right now my goal is Svenska! He is enlisted and so am I! What can you do?

Love
Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment