|
|
|
||
|
||||
Nära Och Kära,
Hello Family and
Friends! This week has been an interesting week. Lots of fun things, different
things, and difficult things. I guess thats this thing we call life though
right?! I love life! No matter the situation, it takes but seconds for
everything to change! Im sure glad that I am not responsible in keeping track
of all those probabilities and that Heavenly Father knows what He is doing!
Aren't you?
I måndags we had our
zone pday! It was a lot of fun. We were able to go to Göteborg and play some
sports with the missionaries in our zone. Syster Pool took a couple of her jump
ropes. It was great because I am not so skilled with the art of ultimate frisbee.
So Syster Pool taught be some of her skills and we were able to play around
with them. People came up and asked if they could jump with us. It was cool! It
gave us an idea for contacting people in our own area on a sunny day. We will
see what happens with that. While we were jumping rope it began snowing-I
called the game for me as my fingers were turning white. We needed to eat
before catching our train it was a great test of faith as we changed super fast
grabbed some food and practically sprinted to the train. Heavenly Father
answered our prayers and we were able to make the train on time. We made it
back to have FHE with the YSA. Lois Herrey came and talked about happiness and
how to achieve it. The lesson was really good. Even though we were really tired,
he inspired the YSA to follow their dreams and to work hard for them. He shared
his experience as he and his brothers won a competition here in sweden and how
that was their goal. It was cool. We were able to talk with Juan for a while
and got him feeling better about his day and remembering his testimony. It was
great
I tisdags, this was an
incredible day. We were a bit sore from jump rope on monday but we were
determined to find some of our lost members in Huskvarna. We went to that part
of town with many names of less actives and old investigators to get ahold of.
We headed out the door with a sunny day ahead of us. We hopped on the bus and
could see a weather change in the air as the clouds rolled in. As we walked to
find a member it began to rain. I didnt have my raincoat so it was a bit
damp. We got to what we thought was his house, and he hasnt lived there for two
years. I felt said that no one knew that he had moved. But we were able to talk
to a man who ran the apartment building. He wasn't too interested but welcomed
us to Sweden as we were outside looking at the map and the weather changed once
again but this time hail. Yup hail in april- It just makes sense doesn't it? Ok
not really to me but its what happened. We then continued to find other people.
At one point we both mentioned how we were a little sore. As we looked at the
street signs to compare it with the map and where we needed to be it
seemed that all the streets lead downhill except one. It was a pretty steep
incline too. We didnt want to take the hill, but it was the only way so in the
rain we headed up the hill. We talked with a few people on the way and couldnt
find the addresses or people who knew who we were looking for. It was a bummer.
We needed to head back because we were having a lunch with a member and I
wanted a waterproof jacket. We picked it up on the way to the Nilssons. They
fed us stinging neddle soup. It sounds gross, (well at least to me it did) but
it tastes delicious and is full of iron. So it will help Mom! We challenged our
members to give away a Book of Mormon to which they excitedly agreed. We then
had a language lesson with Leif. He really knows his languages. We shared a
thought about service because he spends most of his time in the service of
others. We are super thankful for him and wanted him to know.
I onsdags we had a
great day in Råslätt! We first had an early lunch with Annalisa. She is a great
missionary herself and is working on all of those around her. I wish every
member could be so active in sharing their testimonies! We then went to Råslätt
where we met with Julia. She is working on becoming more active in church. She
seems to really enjoy when we are able to come and visit her at her apartment.
We are not sure whats holding her back yet but we are closer to figuring it
out. We then taught Li on a bench outside. The weather calmed down a bit. We
went through the baptismal questions with him. It was a random idea that Syster
Pool had, it went really well. We just asked him what each thing meant and how
he felt about it. We determined where we are lacking a little bit and now we
know how to help more specifically. We then came back to the church to get our
report copied for Niklas. Sabrina was there and we were able to talk with her.
Since her wallet incident she is a little more hesitent to talk with us. It
really is a bummer. She is going to pray to know if she wants to continue to
meet and learn more. So we are really praying for her. We then met with Niklas
and got some ideas running about our investigators. He wants to help more so we
have asked him to contact those who would like to be in on teaches. He is
great.
I torsdags we pretty
much switched our thursday and friday because friday was zone conference. We
spent the morning serving the Wiklöfs. They are great, Torstan made jokes about
how close he is to death. He just has faced it it seems. He made fun of my
name. "Det är Juker liksom ett skoj?" It was really funny. He asked
for help on his computer and we were able to help him. Then we made our way
back home for lunch and to finish our studies. We got them done and did weekly
planning to prepare for next week. We had Shell (a less actve) cancel on us so
we were able to do more of our planning session. We then headed to the church
to have dinner with the YSA. It went well and we were able to hear a few bear
their testimonies about things. It was cool. We spoke with the Rasmussens about
the plans for travelling to conference and then a few ideas to help us out.
I fredags was our
zone conference! It was great! The theme was The Plan of Salvation and I
learned so much it was great. We were asked to read through the Plan of
Salvation and come with questions that we had about it. No matter what they
were. It was pretty funny because we did something like that for district
meeting with the Rasmussens but about Preconceptions of the swedish people. We
just threw them away and talked about how to forget them. It was cool but I
sort of thought that thats what was goign to happen there. Instead President
and Syster Newell had a great presentation where pretty much all of my
questions were either answered or clarified to where it doesnt matter so much
to me anymore. I had a really great interview with President Newell where he
really helped me to see things differently. He really is great!
I lördags we had a
lunch with the Malms. They are a great family and I enjoy hearing their
testimonies. Suprisingly they had some children home and so they were with as
we shared our spiritual thought. We were able to give a couple Mormons Boks
out and they have two weeks to give them away. Its pretty awesome. We
taught Wilson and invited him to Conference, he is working on his
thesis so he wasnt able to attend that evening. It really was
great though, I learned a lot and Syster Pool had a great two hour language
study!
Igår We had our stake
conference and the speakers were great and I really learned a lot.
Sadly I left my study journal at home so I can't share the insights now
but I will at another time. The best was a story of a business call to a man at
home. You know one of those of the hurried sort. A little boy answers
the phone, the business man asks, "Can I talk to
your Dad?" the boy says "No". "How about your Mom?" "No,"
says the boy, "shes talking to the fireman and the police." The
business man begins to think Whats going on there? When he hears this huge
sound, "Whats happening?" He questions the boy. "Its the
helicopter, they are looking for me!" He talked about how sometimes
this is how we act. We try to hide ourselves until the whole force is
after us. It was great. We then ate lunch with the Thörns. They
are going to give away Books of Mormons as well. We are excited to see how
it goes with the members sharing their testimonies with those around them. We finished
studies and had a family home evening with the Robayos about
the Restoration. They are a great family and always willing to participate
in anything we do. They are like our home away from home. They are
working on becoming Member missionaries as well. The program is working
well!
Challenge Time- This
weeks challenge comes from a random thought I had recently. The best thing is
that Prayer is available even more often than seven eleven Thats the only way I
have been able to make it through my mission. Without prayer I feel so alone
and worthless. (all because of satan) but with prayer and scripture study I
learn of my true identity and are able to rememeber who I am in Gods eyes not
through my own eyes. Think about how you have been doing with your
prayers. Is there room for improvement? What can you do? I know that as
our prayers become more regular and more sincere the blessings from Heaven
become more recognizable to us and we feel more whole.
I hope you all have a
great week! Love you all!
Love
Syster Juker

No comments:
Post a Comment