Monday, June 25, 2012

Quotes Help Life


Jennifer Juker jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net
Apr 16
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
to john, me
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Nära och Kära,

This week was pretty different. We had some difficulties but we have overcome them and look forward to starting a new week! Heavenly Father assures us this week will be better, We´ve got a feelin'!

I måndags we had an accident with alarm clocks and none went off. I got up and began to clean a bit while Syster Pool slept. I still dont like waking other people up. We got a late start but luckily it didn't matter so much we just did studies later which ran into pday time a little but it all worked out in the end. We wrote some letters at home and were able to get our shopping done. I got to shoot some hoops before deciding to go and get emails done. I really do miss playing basketball or volleyball! Ive got to bring those sports here and see what happens. They really like innebandy here. Its pretty fun but Im not so coordinated with a stick. We then met with Maggis and had our counsel meeting which went really well before being asked to give the lesson in FHE. We had about 5 minutes to prepare it was pretty intense. We luckily had both read an article from the Liahona and it worked out well. Syster Pool led the discussion and did it really well. We felt a little overwhelmed and talked things over that night. It went well

I tisdags we got to meet with our Chinese members. Li and wilson came to the church. We taught them individually and we really enjoyed talking with them and explaining a little more in depth the lessons they had before they were baptised. They asked some really good questions and we were able to answer them. They are making progress in a big way! They passed the sacrament and want to do it again and more regularly. Its really a special experience to see the growth in members as the spirit is able to help us explain things in such a way that they understand it and want to make a change. Ive  been able to appriciate the time when we can see so much growth and to point it out. Sometimes its hard to see it in yourself and thats why we should pay attention to those around us so that we can give them recognition to the things that they have done right. We were going through our area book the other day and I placed some calls. It was looking kind of bleak when all of a sudden in the middle of our old investigator section there was actually a less active member. I found her number, called her and set up an appointment. We met today and it was pretty great. Her name is Shell, she is chinese and has been on exchange in Norway. She is super nice and right away said something about the building feeling like home and that she had finally come back. It was cool. We asked her if she would like to meet and get back active in church and that really is her desire. Its super great!

I onsdags we met in the morning with Sabrina and Syster Rasmussen. We talked about the Word of Wisdom. She is pretty much living it 99% just has a problem with it being so strict with graduation coming up. She really takes care of herself otherwise. She has really grown spiritually since we first began meeting with her. She knows what she is here to do and practically no one can get in the way of her and her aspirations. We then went home and prepped for our meeting with our bishop. We were meeting with him after our ward activity. I felt really sick so I was laying down as Syster Pool was writing stuff down we were talking about. All of a sudden I was waking up! I had accidently fallen asleep and she had let me. I think I needed it but it was definitely a weird feeling. We then were blessed with a lesson with a referral named Li. We went with Syster Rasmussen to his appartment and were able to go in and teach. It was in swedish because I still cannot speak chinese (despite so many we have in this ward, im working on it!) He spoke fast and with a chinese accent so it was really difficult for Syster Pool to understand so I got to do about an hour of speaking. It was great! But my voice could feel it afterwards. He wants to read the Book of Mormon so we got him one in Chinese and our plan is to come back with someone who speaks chinese because when we challenged him to baptism he just said, "Ja, Ja, Ja, Bra!" just like he wasnt understanding. Luckily though we have two coming back less active members who both speak his language and live in his area so we just have to get the timing right. We then went to the church seeing as we were asked to be the judges of the Scouts and Ladybug talent show. It was super cute and entertaining to see all the different acts. From dancing to sword fighting to magic and oragami, our ward had it all! We rated with a scale from 1 to 5 with 5 being the best. Part way through we realized that not all the judges were using that same scale. So we all had a good laugh and did some fixing of our numbers. We really had fun participating and the primary children really seemed to enjoy having us be apart of it. They all talk with us now and one of them is willing to help us with our swedish whenever we see him. Its going to be great! Afterwards we met with the bishop to be sure we were on the same page. We talked about Ward missionaries, less actives, part members and really got a lot accomplished that we can do for next week. We want to get a ward activity going on this spring that will involve the whole ward. We talked about a Play in a Day or a Cultural Olympics. Our ward Mission leader is on board and wants to get it going as well. Its going to be cool to see what happens!

I torsdags we had our district meeting with our new district leader Äldste Rautio. He told us a few days earlier that it would be on Celestial Marriage. We laughed at it at first, then a couple nights later Äldste Norr told us of how serious his companion was about it and how he had been studying. So we decided we should probable prepare a little as well. It went really well and we all learned a lot. We were working on talking about our investigators to get help when Sabrina walked it. It was incredibly bad timing but it ended up working ok as she went directly to play piano. We chatted a bit, got ideas and ended the meeting so they could catch their bus. We had a meeting scheduled with Niklas but had some time before that. We asked Sabrina if we could teach her and she agreed. We had a great lesson on fasting. (we had fast sunday this last sunday) the spirit was strong it was great! We then had dinner with the ysa! It was tacos. Tacos at home when we all get back are going to be different. We have lots of different things Swedes eat on their tacos like, peppers, pinapple corn etc its pretty delicious! We then taught Johannes and it was an interesting lesson. He is super funny (a stand-up comedian) I can hardly ever control the laughter. We taught Word of wisdom and Law of Chastity he kept cracking jokes. It was pretty funny. He got the point and we all got to laugh a bit as all the difficult paragraphs with negative things about it came to Syster Pool to read and I got all the promised blessings it was pretty great!

I fredags we were blessed with a new teaching scedule with an old investigator that our member has kept track of. It went alright and we are going to meet again. It looks promising. We then had planning and English Night with the YSA. We realized why we try to not be out late on a friday night because of the amount of alcohol intake lots of people have late at night. Sadly, some how someone stole Sabrinas wallet and its looking pretty dark for her reaction to the church.

I lördags we were able to have a great brunch with the Hegyessys. Like real American style! It was delicious! We then went out to the island again and were able to visit the Walls. The spiritual thought went well and we were pretty happy that they were accepting of what we had to say.

Igår we had a great fast and testimony meeting and we were able to feel the spirit strongly as the missionary moms in our ward all bore their testimonies in sacrament meeting. It was great! I felt my batteries recharged! Im so thankful for church! It always helps me feel better after a long tough week! I am so thankful for our membership in this church and am so excited to help everyone come closer to Christ!.

This weeks challenge- Think about this "You may be the only Book of Mormon someone gets to read." I love it!

Have a great week! 
Love
 
Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment