Saturday, November 20, 2010
I Wish 2nd Counted
Since a kid life has been a competition, from "shotgun" to the first one to say "Thank You" to the parents after eating out. Life would be so much easier if from the beginning second place counted for anything. With shotgun, the front seat was, and still is the best seat in the car, and no matter what the backseat will never compare. Just as in life today, being the second best at reading my scriptures consistently has its blessings but doing it daily is just better. If 2nd best compared to the Best I'd be set! I'd be fine with almost every aspect of my life. But seeing as how this is not the personality I was best with I will toil and work my tail off until I am the best i can be. I know that there are times when my best won't be enough for someone and that I will always come in second to another but I'm well aware of this fact and hope to not dwell on it much. I can work and grow just as much as the next kid and one day be the best. I know that sometimes when life gets too much to take and the tears come I can rely on my Heavenly Father to help me through. Sometimes you have feelings of "this person has it all", "one day that will be me", and "I just want that." In order for those things to become reality we must work, we can't sit hungry with our mouths open for food to come to us, (as the chinese proverb says) it is our choice what we do with this life and though times are tough we can make the best out of our situations. Had a rough time, but trying to see the light :). Here's hoping and faith-ing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment