Friday, October 7, 2011

Time is Written on the Window




From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:42 AM
Subject: Time is Written on the Window

Hello!

Well this week has been a bit of everything! Last Monday we spent it on a boat travelling around to different islands but never getting off on one of them. We were with Sophia and Talitha they are awesome. Syster Jenson was going to teach the FHE lesson for the YSA and we were going to have a teach at the same time at the center. But he went to the chapel instead of the institute so we did some splits and Syster Vistaunet and I went in the pouring cold dark rain to the chapel and taught the restoration. 

On Tuesday we had lots of teaches and a surprise package showed up from my Mom! With my stomach medicine! It made me so happy! We have been rationing the american candy its pretty funny. We still have jelly beans and m and ms =) 

Wednesday we did a lot of little splits where Syster Vistaunet and I taught Mike the Plan of Salvation and committed him to prepare for batism. He is AWESOME! He just is african and comes late or forgets to come often. So we are working with him on that. We had dinner at the Holdaway's and they have given us the opportunity to watch the 9-11 special thing and we have president Newell's permission so we are going to watch that very soon. 

On Thursday we had our district meeting and on the way over to Mosens to eat kebab pizza there was the word time carved in the buses window. I told Syster Vistaunet that "Time is written on the window" Then we all chatted about how it could be a tagline to a movie of some sort and odds are we would all watch it. So you all at home can work on that one =) After District meeting we had service with Sophia McLaughlin- she is AWESOME as well. We helped take like seven layers of wall paper off of her wall and had dinner. It was really fun. We had a teach with Ely too on Thursday and she is lovely! So prepared and willing to follow Christ. She reminds me a lot of Charity. She is super sweet. I'll try to get pictures of these people so that you can picture them =) 

Friday was really cold. We did Zumba with Ely and Paola at their house. It was a lot of fun. I didn't do it because my foot hurt but I think it will be fun to do once at home. If I gain some coordination, I still can't dance for those of you wondering! Saturday Syster Vistuanet and I celebrated our 200th day on our mission. I know its a little random  but I have a system in my journal of titling each day and a few other things. We got some ice cream on the way home to eat. It was delicious. We had a cool lesson with Chuck as well, during another one of our little split things. He doesn't have any idea about Jesus Christ or why we believe in Him but he wants to know more and to attend church. Its a lot of fun to teach him. We asked him what a prophet is to him and he said, "Money?". We explained and he understands now the importance of having a prophet. 

Sunday we had lots to do and we kept busy the whole day. It ended with a great fireside by Elder Dallin H. Oaks on Truth or Tolerance. which leads me to my next time in writing! Challenge Time!! The fireside was a CES fireside and both he and his wife spoke. Both were AMAZING! I want you all to find his talk and watch it. Take notes and find a way to apply it to your life. I know that it applies to everyone on earth. I love you all and I am so thankful for all of you and the support I have felt from your prayers. I hope you all have a great week! 
Love

Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment