A
Preach My Gospel Missionary
Sept 5
Hello
Loved Ones!
Well
since I last left you its been a great adventure. We had some time to write in
Syster Browns buddy book last pday and say goodbye to Syster Brown who is now
in Gävle. Wednesday was interesting because Syster Jenson's train didn’t get in
until 7:30 at night so Syster Vistaunet and I were companions for a day. We
were so excited to get our apartment cleaned and organized we took a lot of the
day to do just that. We moved the furniture organized everything and now our
apartment is like a new house! It’s amazing! Once Syster Jenson arrived she
wanted to do nightly planning! I was so excited! Words do not describe how
wonderful this transfer is already and will continue to be! We all get along
really well and we plan and make back up plans just like how we were trained to
be. On Friday we had our weekly planning time, it was something special. We
went up to a tower and looked out over Göteborg and made our transfer goals
together, our personal goals for the transfer and created a time capsule that
we hid behind a rock of the wall. Its awesome! I’m so excited for this time
together. That’s what we call what used to be called transfers because we don’t
have those anymore. =)
Our
Swedish class seems to get bigger and bigger each week. I love it! Its the time
where we realize that we actually know Swedish. Even though sometimes I still
cant follow a conversation perfectly. The people we teach are so kind and
patient when we aren’t sure of the rule and we have to look it up. I love them
This
week we had a little bit of a scare from our investigator Ely (ellie) she was
contemplating moving to Mälmo because they offered her a job. We suggested to
her to pray and read the scriptures before making her decision. Syster
Vistaunet approached her after Hjälföreningen (relief society) and asked her
what the plan was. She had read and prayed a lot and has decided to stay! We
are so happy! She is just the sweetest person! She is patient with my Swedish
as well. Sometimes I dont know a word so I have to use a lot of little words to
describe what the one word means but she waits and understands its great.
So this
transfer we got Elders in our Ward. Äldste Smith and Äldste DeLeuw. They are
pretty awesome. We had a middag after church yesterday and they invited all of
the missionaries. Now we missionaries are the same as a big family here in Sweden.
But the Murphy's took us all in and gave us delicious food. We are going to be
working closely with them as well as our ward. Our Bishop here is working hard
with missionary work and creating a vision for our ward. We are all excited to
be a part of it.
Well
the time has arrived! Challenge Time! This is where the title comes into play!
(Yes Jag tyker om exclamation points!!!) Anyway, as my companionship has taken
lots of time to make plans and set goals this time together. We have decided
that we are going to be Preach My Gospel Missionaries this transfer. Do
everything to jot and title. I’m pretty excited about that. I studied a lot
from the book before I left and considered it my baby. Now its pretty much
considered my arm. =) Its that important trust me! We are of course following
the Spirit because that is what PMG leads us to do. As for us missionaries
Preach My Gospel is like an extensive handbook that has practically all the
answers when combined with a few others. Now as normal members of the church
you may think that you are exempt from this handbook. This is not the
case! Every Member a Missionary! Remember who said that? Me neither But I know
that its in the first chapter of PMG! Enough with the silliness, Let’s get down
to business- to defeat the Huns!! Ok not really but Seriously! Preach My Gospel
is the basics of our faith. It has the answer to most of the questions people
have about our Church. How often do we take time to study a little bit from it?
I know that before I was going to serve a mission I didn’t even own one. SO my
challenge is for all of you reading this to get a hold of a Preach My Gospel
and study from it a little every day. It is full of activities that lead you
through scripture chains and answers to many different questions that we have
all had at least once in our life! I know that when we take time for those
things that are important, like reading our scriptures and saying our prayers
we are showing the Lord how important He is to us and really prioritizing our
lives. We can no matter who we are or what we do take a few more minutes and
study all of the great literature that The Lord has provided for us in our
day!
Thank
you all for all that you do! I’m so thankful to have such a powerhouse of
strong spirits backing me up! You all are amazing! I hope you have a great
week!
Love Syster Juker
Pictures
include weird yellow watermelon that was delicious, Pictures from our planning
stuff, Syster Jenson and Syster Vistuanet, etc

No comments:
Post a Comment