Friday, October 7, 2011

Mindre Aktiv



From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Subject: Mindre Aktiv



Hello Family and Friends!
Another week has been completed here in Västra Frölunda the greatest area ever! I feel super blessed to still be here. We have had so many great and wonderful things happen here. Its awesome! This week ended up having a little focus on less actives. Although we didn't necessarily plan it that way. We had about half of our planned teaches cancel on us this week. It was a bummer but we got a lot of other things done as well. I believe I talked about Mike last week and the awesome teach we had with him as Syster Vistaunet and I committed him to baptism. Well we tried to meet with him this week and his business kept him in Denmark the whole time so we haven't been able to meet with him. We are working on the finishing touches for Elys baptism on the 8th! We are super excited! She is as well! 
We have come across many members who have been less active and we are working with them. I feel like I have a connection with people who are less active, not entirely sure why but its how I feel like I need to work here. We are working with the members to remind people of the importance of keeping their baptismal covenants. So far it is amazing! We have seen and been apart of many miracles and I love it. We just have been able to remind a few of them to read and pray. It's simple through a text message and they show up at church without even having to be reminded that that is where they need to be. My favorite experience this week happened last night as we had been meaning to meet with Kiersten Halmstrand for a while and had to move the appointment because of other member middags. We were able to go over there and just get to know her because Syster Jenson and Syster Vistaunet had never met her before. She has diabetes and its crazy, she can't tell when she needs to take her medicine so it makes things difficult and she can't come to church alone. So we worked it out so that we can give her a ride and I can eat with her when she needs to so she doesn't feel so out of place. Its going to be awesome. We shook on it and then we realized that this week is General Conference! A little bit of a different situation. We get to watch the Relief Society Session on Saturday night and then the Saturday morning session after that. Then on Sunday we watch the Saturday even session and the Sunday morning session. And for a Pday in the future we will watch the Sunday afternoon session! I was so excited when I heard the news that we are able to watch all of the general conference sessions. We are inviting all of our investigators to come and listen to the Profets voice! Its going to be an amazing experience! 

Make sure that you invite all of your friends and do all you can to go/listen to conference with questions in mind. I have a strong testimony about that. While I was in the MTC Brother Harris asked us to come up with questions about whatever you have questions about and pray for answers. When I was there I had about 6 questions and all were answered in one way or another. The Spirit is real and when we listen and obey we have success and feel the feelings our Father in Heaven would have us feel.
 
So I just got back from our Pday activity we went to a castle and it was pretty awesome. As I stood looking out over the water and around at the buildings of the town I got to thinking of all those people who are out there who have no idea why they are here, who they are, and especially what it feels like to be truly happy. The gospel is the only way to have that lasting happiness! There is no other way! We, as members of Christs church have a responsibility to share our testimonies with all those around us. We may not feel that our testimonies are strong enough to change someones heart, or to spark a change. I know that I feel that way in Swedish. It's difficult to speak and sound silly to yourself as you, in broken Swedish, testify of the saving power of the Atonement and that we can feel His sincere happiness as often as we will do what He wants us to do. My challenge for this week is a little on this point. We have an investigator who is near to baptism. We have been looking forward to this date for a long time! Its going to be awesome! There is just a little hiccup regarding our profet. A testimony of Christ's apostle on the earth today is a ground-laying principle to knowing that this is His church! We must have our testimony of Joseph Smith as the Prophet of the Restoration and as today Thomas S. Monson. They lead God's church through revelation and He is the head. I am so thankful for this message! That God truly is the same yesterday today and forever. We need never worry as to weather the profet leads us properly. He is of God and when we know that we also know what we need to do. I am also so thankful for the opportunity to have General Conference this weekend! Make sure that you all put proper time in front of the TV or listening to the radio so that you can learn and know for yourself that God and Jesus Christ have their apostles again on the earth to lead this, His Church!
I love you all so much and hope you all have a great week and remember who you represent!
Love
Syster Juker
pictures include, the castle adventure, planning in the dark on the side of the road waiting for a bus, and various others. I changed the quality of my pictures so now i cant send as many. Let me know if the change makes a difference =) Love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment