Monday, June 27, 2011

A Week of Firsts





From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 2:57 AM
Subject: A week of Firsts

Hey Everybody!

This week has been an adventure all the way around! So much to do, so much to talk about and yet so little time.

Last monday we were in the library and I thought I saw Jordan Markham in the library, it was like his exact replica in all! It was really funny I laughed. Its interesting how being away you start to connect people from home to people you see here. One of our investigators reminds me of Stephanie a less active member reminds me of Aunt Teri. Its cool to make connections because then its more real to me to share my testimony and help them develop their own. =) 

On Tuesday we did a lot of trackting and didn't really find anyone who was prepared. We did some contacting in an area where we don't normally like to contact, after a prayer for guidance and found Rodrigo, he is awesome, his cousin is a member and he has a strong faith in Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost really does guide us, all we have to do is ask and act. 

We did some planning and decided that missionary work is like dating. You have to get your second appointment while on your first. It was a great conversation. Thursday we had our district meeting here in Hälmstad and it went pretty well. Afterwards the systers went on splits. Syster Tanner stayed here with me and Syster Page went with Syster Sumner to Lund. It was an awesome experience to go through. We had a teach that night with Annette (our investigator who doesn't speak any english) We decided to teach her Frälsningsplanen (plan of salvation). It was a stretch because I hadn't ever done part of it in Swedish minus in the mtc with my other two companions. Syster Tanner is in her second transfer so her Swedish is still being developed as well. The lesson went AWESOME!! The Spirit was so strong and helped me to communicate all that I needed to. We helped answer her questions, talked about scriptures she didn't understand and invited her to read some more about prayer because she had a lot of questions about the importance of prayer. I felt the Holy Ghost work through me to convey my knowledge of the gospel in Swedish to her. It was awesome! My Faith was strengthened greatly!!! 

Friday was a lot of traveling as we had to get our companions back then we had a sports night and bbq with the ward. It was cool. I did my first splits, my first contact and my first wedding proposal all in the same week! lol The First contact was funny because we had been contacting for a while and I hadn't talked to anyone. So I told Heavenly Father the next person to come around the corner toward us I was going to contact.  He was pretty far away when I began to talk to him about the plan of salvation. He read our name tags and said in English Don't talk to me. Lol The wedding proposal came from a muslim guy who said he was just joking but it was super awkward. I told him no not even. I'm here to share the gospel not to get married. lol

Sunday we had a special fast for missionary work. It was an awesome experience to fast with the members of our ward for Missionary work and for those who are being prepared to receive the gospel. As we met together in sacrament meeting there was a great sense of unity as we all shared testimony of how this gospel has changed our lives and how we have grown so much closer to Christ because of it.

I hope that you can all take some time this next week and study a principle of the gospel that you just don't quite understand fully. I know there are many different principles but use the scriptures and try to get a clearer understanding of it. I know that as you show the Lord that you are wanting to know more of his gospel He will bless you and help you to know what is true.

The pictures included are of me numbering my bedbug bites one night before bed, we switched beds with the extra one and had to see if I got anymore. lol the next is of the shopping square fountain, it's questionable in nature but it was really pretty that day. The cookies Syster Tanner and I made. Syster Tanner in study mode. Swedish flags and a speed limit sign! Hope you like them! lol

Love you all, be good and pray always, That is where Strength is found.

Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment