Monday, June 27, 2011

A Duet









Jun 13 https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

Well Hello Everyboday!

This week we got to deal with our friends the bed bugs! We got to clean everything, wash all of our clothes, it took forever. Luckily we didnt have to cancel any of our appointments though. And I havent had another bite since they came to spray. It might be the fact that I switched to another bed but we shall see. lol We have had a few slow days recently lots of tracting and contacting and not much success, nevertheless The Lord has guided us in all we do.

We met a man from africa on tuesday and he was super nice. It was when we were looking for a less active member who lived in the same apartment complex. The whole complex was locked so we were bummed but just as we went to try the main door that was locked Francis went to get his mail and kindly let us in. We were greatful and asked him for some directions which he helped and then we started talking about what we were doing and such. We shared a short message about the restoration and got an appointment for friday. Friday went really well and we invited him to church yesterday! He came!! The first of our investigators to attend sacrament meeting! It was an awesome experience to see him in the building and feeling the spirit. Now to the title of this email, lol Syster Page and I sang a duet in sacrament meeting! Yeah it was pretty awesome, We sang I stand all amazed. I sang Alto and I was as nervous as could be. It was pretty cool to go up and sing in front of everyone. A lady here had that motherly look in her eyes as we sang. It reminded me of how Mom would look had she had been here. =) All in swedish mind you! lol The Lord blesses us when we work hard and have faith to act! We work hard for moments like that and I am so thankful to be a part of it.

Ive had lots of opportunities to practice my swedish as we go out and contact people and go knock doors. A few times while we are out waiting for a door to open or running for a bus I think to myself, Oh Yeah! I am a missionary! lol its an amazing feeling to remember why I am here and who has called me to work in this field. I know that I am here with purpose. As members of the church we can accomplish lots as we take that opportunity to remember what the Lord has given us and to share it with others. I thínk Heaven would be a different place if we dont do our part to share the gospel with those we care deeply for.

An activity we have been doing as we go and visit our less active members here in Halmstad is to have a random box of normal everyday items you can find around your house. You pick one out and apply a principle of the gospel to it. for instance if you take out an eraser its repentance because it takes away your sins. This is also like the sacrament, as we take the sacrament we are reminded of the sacrifice the Savior made for us. The world is full of ways to remember the Lord in all that we do. No matter what we do, where we go, or who we talk to, there is a way to recognize the Savior. My challenge to you all this week is to take 5 minutes everyday and remember the Lord, think of how he has helped you in your life and write those things down in your journal or a note pad or your iphone. I know that as you remember the Lord you will more fully feel his love for you and you will be able to recognize the blessings He has given you each and everyday. I know this will help make you happier, It has helped me as we have been trackting for hours and no one has let us in. I remember that we have a great message and the more no thanks we recieve the greater chance the next door will have someone just waiting to hear our message.

Im very thankful for the love and support everyone has sent me =) All the prayers too! Pray for swedish help, if I can ask that lol =) Search, Ponder and Pray everyday and I promise that you will recieve answers to your questions! i love you all soo much! Have a great week!
Love
Syster Juker

Pictures include =) Our adventures of Bedbugs and how our apartment looked at the beginning and remnants of how it looks right now. A picture of Syster Page Cleaning with all of the random items we found from the Elders, Misspelled english grafetti =), a really pretty bus stop that we visit quite often, we actually ran to it yesterday and made it there 2 minutes before the bus came! We were stoked because we would have had to wait a long time to catch the next one. =) til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment