Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Face on a Screen

"Each week, depending on the number of calls to be assigned, two to four members of the Quorum of the Twelve go to separate rooms at Church headquarters. There, after kneeling in prayer and asking for divine guidance, each sits down before a computer screen. On that screen, one at a time, prospective missionaries’ pictures and personal information appear, along with the current needs of all of the missions of the Church. Each missionary is then personally assigned to a specific mission and given a date on which to enter a missionary training center." by David A. Edwards (Your Call to Serve New Era 2007)
Its pretty crazy to think of my face on a screen in front of a few of the most high esteemed men on earth! Oh I am so looking forward for mail time! Sometimes it's difficult to get in the car, drive to the post office, deal with all the traffic on Main Street; but I think with the prospect of what's on its way I'll be lining up to go and get it. Two more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment