From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Subject: Surprised!
Nära och Kära,
Another week and another wonderful adventure in Katrineholm! No mattter how much stuff you cram stuff into a day the time just goes by so fast! I can hardly believe its within the month mark! Absolute CRAZINESS!
Date: Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Subject: Surprised!
Nära och Kära,
Another week and another wonderful adventure in Katrineholm! No mattter how much stuff you cram stuff into a day the time just goes by so fast! I can hardly believe its within the month mark! Absolute CRAZINESS!
I måndags we had a bit of a chill pday and just took care of all the things that we needed to get done. Our evening plans cancelled on us so we were able to finish our weekly planning session with companionship inventory. We were able to also talk a bit about training and ideas that we have liked and appriciated and things that were more obstructive. It was nice to be able to look back a bit and give some ideas on what could help. Training is a great opportunity to grow in love and service for other people. I think she will be awesome!
I tisdags we were surprised with a phone call during our language study from President Newell. Unexpectedly we are being transfered. Syster Spjut will be going to Örebro and I will be staying here with Syster Ridl. I wish we could have had a picture taken with our reactions to the call. It was pretty somber looking with a bit of a shock because we thought we were to stay together until I go home, but, I guess inspiration is a great reason to be split early. This next month is going to be great! After working through a few situations we had regarding this week we went out to Flen to visit Majvor. She was adorable and made us soup. She is such an incredible woman. We were able to talk with her about the blessings she has seen in her life from the gospel. Syster Spjut asked to play her piano and we ended up singing her favorite hymn. She kept talking about how she is not musically talented but she likes music so we sang "A Poor Way faring man of Grief" and by the last verse she was smiling so big and singing right along with us. It was a tender moment to share with her. She is a great woman with some spunk! We then had to catch a train back to Katrineholm and have a lesson with Alex. This time we focused on the Atonement and Christ. We watched Finding Faith in Christ and shared Doctrine and Covenants 19:15-20. It was a very spiritually uplifting experience for us all. I was reminded of so many different things during the lesson. As I began talking about how the price is already paid so we don't have to suffer the analogy came to mind about how Syster Spjut and I are at a steak house eating dinner and there is a plate just for you. Its already paid for and you are free to eat it but, instead you decide to sit on the ground and eat the grass. It's our choice to take part of the gift of the Atonement. The suffering has already been done and there is no need for us to do it anymore. Alex was able to understand and feel the spirit. He has commited to work on following more commandments and praying more often. With the big surprise of transfers we stopped by the Forsman's on the way home to let them know. They were sad but certainly know that its all for a bigger reason, we just can't see it now.
I onsdags We went and visited the Palominos during the day in an attempt to serve them and give a message. Syster Palomino was having a stressful day after not being able to sleep very well. So we washed dishes and I helped Francisca with her room. They missed us singing in church last week and wanted us to sing for them. (They are really musical) So we sang, it was so cute as little Laura said, "Yayaya 1, 2, 3 igen!" She wanted us to sing again so she pushed us back together and opened the hymn book back up. It was a great opportunity to just help out a little bit. We then had our youth activity. We had multiple visitors so we did various sorts of cupcakes and split up to ding dong ditch them for people in the branch. We ended up having some fun experiences with that as well. We did a special delivery for Åsa as to say goodbye with Syster Spjut. She really levelled with us as she shared how she felt around and about us. It was nice to see someone feel the love that we actually have for each person we meet. She said its been easy to open up because she feels that we care and want to help. It was great.
I torsdags it was an adventure to the train station. We had to print out our tickets and there was a line as we approached the machine. By the time it was our turn we had 2 and a half minutes to print it out run down a bazillion stairs over two tracks and up a bazillion more stairs. Man we booked it and thankfully we made it! District meeting was great and we learned a lot about recognizing the Spirit in conversion. It was an answer to many prayers. I learned a lot and was able to practice it and use it with lessons with both Ulf and Birgitta and with Leif and Rosmery. We held two different family home evenings and they went really well. We cleared up an issue with Leif thinking that we believe in the trinity and it seemed to lighten things up a bit. We were at the presidents house and they helped in bearing testimony of the Holy Ghost and living by example. It was great!
I fredags we did a bit multitasking as we updated our area book, planned for next week, and packed for syster Spjut. We also found out last night that the branch wanted us to sing again so we orgainized a practice that evening to prepare a little bit more than last week.
I lördags we had a fantastic opportunity to travel to Södertälje for an amazing baptism. It was Dubi and Tutta, Syster Pool and DeTinne-Cassel were there because Lasse (from Jönköping) went to the temple for the first time and they were able to stop by. The spirit was so strong and I was able to talk with Lasse about learning the gospel and how things had changed. Miracles do happen! We made it to our train back to town and Myriam was on the train and so we were able to talk with her about scriptures study and things.
I söndags was our grens konferens! It was a day of many miracles here! We had four investigators attend church! Lars-Inge came with his wife and daughter! Alex came and sat with the Forsmans. Angelina and Rosmery came and sat in the back with Lars-Inge because the chairs were all full. Steffan came with Maria and Alf and it was amazing! I hadnt ever seen our chapel so busy. As it was getting closer to begin I was standing still and I was just filled with so much love for all of the people here. Its crazy how much we really do love these people and are able to share our love with them through helping them understand Christs Gospel. We had a branch activity pretty much afterwards as we all ate food together and cleaned up together. We are so blessed here to have so many people who love eachother and this Gospel. We were invited over to Leif’s and Rosmery's afterwards and Leif said his first prayer! It was adorable. He's been investigating for 7 years and he said his first prayer yesterday! Angelina said the first one and thanked Heavenly Father that her Dad was going to pray next. She really is being lead by the spirit here. We were so thankful to see some light at the end of the tunnel that he seemed to be heading down.
Challenge time! Its been hard for me to come up with one this week. All I know is that if we share a bit more love with those around us miracles happen. The second we are real people to our investigators and they see us as a friend we are able to help them more. I know that as we allow Christ to be that friend and rely on him a little bit more than we do ourselves we can accomplish all of the things that he would have us do! SO this week give it a try and see what happens! Love your neighbor and rely on the Lord. Without
any doubts you will
see a change in the world and in yourself!
Love you all! Hope you have a great week!
Love you all! Hope you have a great week!
Love
Syster Juker
No comments:
Post a Comment