Tuesday, August 16, 2011




A forgotten Umbrella, A NEW new testament and A Blue Ankle
From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:54 AM
Subject: A forgotten Umbrella, A NEW new testament and A Blue Ankle

Oh Boy has this week been an AWESOME one! (notice slight sarcasm)
We had lots of success this week. As you know we teach a swedish class on wednesday and on saturday. We have many people who come regularly. Yangyang comes every week and is always ontime. I had a feeling I should bring up the gospel with her after class. But as soon as we said amen she was out the door and I was talking to another student. I was really bummed to not be able to follow up with a promting like that. So I prayed that Heavenly Father would give me another chance! And He did! The door rang and it was Yangyang, she had forgotten her umbrella and was afraid it was going to rain again! So we got to chatting and ended up teaching her the restoration and got her excited to learn more! 

That night we had a teach with someone who a dead missionary had contacted on the spårvagn. (dead as in home already) Remedius, he is awesome, and during our teach of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon he made comments like I always wondered what happened to the structure of Christs Church from the Bible times. and The Book of Mormon its like a NEW new testament I cant wait to share it with my family! We are finding the prepared and teaching them! The second harvest is real! The only bummer is that Göteborg is split into two with us in Fästra Frölunda and the Äldster i Utby and all of our golden investigators we have to give to utby because of where they live. Its a bummer but I told the Zone leaders that they are like my children and Ill be watching out for them.

Now to the Blue ankle story! On Friday we had a teach during Chill, an activity at the institute, it was with Shola, from Nigeria and it went super well. We then watched the Restoration with him and Wisdom, who is getting  baptised on Saturday! Anyway, we had a referall come with one of the YSA and got to teach her in swedish and that was awesome too! Afterward we were going to be home past curfew because of the travel time on the spårvagn. We tried to wait around for the Andersons to leave so we could hitch a ride but it didnt happen, we felt bad. So we left. On the way down the 3 stories worth of stairs I noticed that I was walking with a different rhythm then normal. I guess you could say I got caught in the music?! and missed 3 stairs and landed on my ankle! I couldnt stand on it, I jumped over to rest my weight on a heater and wanted to scream but couldnt, I was in public. I sucked it up because we had a long walk to the spårvagn and then home. We contacted a man on the street and as we got his number Syster Brown couldnt help but stare at my foot, my ankle had a golfball coming out of it. We made it to the Spårvagn, the Andersons picked us from our stop and drove us home. I got an awesome blessing from Äldste Bush! I am pretty much turning smurf! It hurts but the work moves forward!

Challenge Time! I read in Gospel Principles Manual today about service! Take time EVERYDAY this week to find someone to serve. When we serve we are happy and show others the Love that their Father in Heaven has for them!
Sorry its short this week but the library computer was super slow! We are going to try to send pictures from the church or institute center later today! Ive got good ones of my foot and bruises!

I love you all! Thank you all for your love and support!

love Syster Juker

No comments:

Post a Comment