Tuesday, August 16, 2011



Be Lovingly Aggressive out there!
From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:56 AM
Subject: Be Lovingly Aggressive out there!

Hej Everyone!
Well this week has been one for the books! It started out with Pday last week as we stayed in our apartment and wrote lots of letters home. It was nice to rest my foot and probably smart because I've been on it all week! Doing the Lords work you don't need breaks, The Spirit carries you from teach to teach and its awesome!

On Tuesday we had a member dinner with the Anstinsons- She is danish and he was athiest and has been a member for long time now! His conversion story was awesome. A short summary, They married and she made him go to church, There was a change in the elders quorum presidency and the new president was fasting and praying to know who to call as his secretary. Anders kept coming to mind but he wasn't a member so he kept fasting and praying. After a couple weeks he asked to meet with Anders and told him of his dilema- he agreed to start taking the discussion and got baptised! Isn't that awesome!!!

Wednesday we taught Swedish class and were able to introduce Yang Yang to the Elders which was really cool. It's like giving away a child, though I have never done that before I imagine the feelings are the same.

Thursday we had our district meeting and an AMAZING teach with Ehsan! He is our investigator who the first week I was here we taught about baptism and we asked him to pray about being baptized; seeing as he is from Iran and may have to return back. Thus he cant be baptised or he could be killed. Anyway, we came into the teach and he shared with us that he knows he needs to be baptized that the Book of Mormon is true and the word of God! We then explained to him more fully the fruits of the Spirit and he contected each of the words to different experiences in which the Holy Ghost has helped him in his life and to know these things are true. He has been looking for a job so that he can stay in Sweden and get residency but it hasn't happened yet. Randomly after he recieved his answer on Monday a man in his class came up and offered him a job with his company. The Lord really does prepare a way. It was an awesome experience as he had trouble knowing what words meant and how they applied to the church, like he asked why is the Holy Ghost baptism of fire. The Holy Ghost was able to explain through me how it purifies us just as coal becomes a diamond, we are refined and made better by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost! It was so sweet!

We had our first teach with Marie-Louise, a swede who the past missionaries found. She is awesome and patient with my broken swedish! She is super sweet!

On Saturday when we were out contacting we were talking with this man who was a little argumentative and when I tried to explain part of the Restoration I slipped up a few words and he told me you have an important message, it's really important that you speak properly. (in swedish) I told him Jag har varit har 3 månader. to which he responded Oh You are skilled! It was a really funny experience! It was also a shock to me that I was able to communicate and hold all these conversations in Swedish and I've only been in Sweden for 3 months! Its a crazy thought all in all! I know that it is only though the Lord that we are able to see these miracles and be able to do his work.

On Sunday the old ward mission leader Fredrick Karlsson told us to Be Lovingly Agressive out there! It really stuck with me. We are out and talking with folk everyday because we love them, just as our Heavenly Father Loves them! We impress upon them the importance of our message and keeping commitments because that is how the Savior admonishes us to live. We do all these things because of our love, knowledge, and testimony of the Savior and His restored church through Joseph Smith! It's an awesome thought to see how it all boils down to love! So this weeks challenge is to be lovingly agressive, show those you care about that you care, serve them and try to relieve their burdens. I know that as we lose ourselves in the service of others we are blessed and they are thankful, thus making the world a whole lot better!

Sunday evening we had a member dinner with Mary and Christopher Malm and they have a tradition with all new missionaries that their companion gets to pick a random object in the house and then you have two minutes to prepare a spiritual thought with a scripture and experience and testimony. It was awesome! I felt stressed but It turned out well. Syster Brown picked out a purse. I related it to the Savior and carrying our burdens in Matthew. I liked it! There are ways to remember the gospel no matter where you are or what you are around. Look around and find some of your own this week!

I hope you have a great week! Love you all!

Love
Syster Juker

pictures to come later- we are going to visit as many of the old churches around here as possible today =)

No comments:

Post a Comment