Monday, April 5, 2010

No Body Said it Was Easy

General Conference was AWESOME! I loved it all of it! It made me laugh as President Monson spoke lovingly of his wife and the talk they would have afterwards. A few tears were shed as the story of the holocaust survivor was asked for forgiveness from the German Guard. With themes surrounded about the family and the importances of relationships with your parents it really got me thinking about when the time comes and I myself have children. I've got to be the best at everything and an example of perfection so that my children will have the courage to make the right decisions and follow in Christ's examples. Its a hard thing to ask of someone so imperfect. Then to realize I won't be doing it alone makes the expectations for my future husband fly through the already valted ceiling. He's gotta be perfect so I can be perfect so our kids can be perfect. So those aren't really going to happen; so thats why I'm thankful for Christ's Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment