Monday, July 11, 2011

Vastra Frolunda


From: Jennifer Juker
Date: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 2:21 AM
Subject: Västra Frölunda

Hej alla!
I don't have much time to write today because of lots of reasons. So you all know me I'm just like Mom I cry a lot! When Syster Page left on her train to Stockholm and I was left standing with Syster Brown and Elder Bloomfield and Wood I got teary eyed. But I looked forward to the future!

I live in Västra Frölunda and we work mostly in Göteborg. lol The town is big lots of things to do and people to contact. We actually have an institute center where we do most of our teaches. Its an awesome place. In Halmstad contacting consisted of giving out pass a long cards and a short testimony. While here we have the ability to contact and take them to the center and teach them right then and there. I've only been here since önsdag and its happened multiple times. We do a lot with the YSA and its pretty fun. We teach a Swedish Class to immigrants and I love it. After learning Swedish and then turning around and teaching it to them, i have realized how much I actually know Swedish! By no means mastered at all but I can manage and struggle through it.
We've had a struggle here in Sweden, just differences in planning styles and my addiction to it. It's one thing that I learned the importance of my first transfer and hope to continue it throughout my mission. It's the Lords time and I definitely don't want to waste it. It was time for inventory and she laughed at me and told me You actually do that? then the silent treatment, there is nothing that irritates me more than that. I wanted to throw something or call mom but I couldn't. So I knelt in prayer and asked Heavenly Father for help to overcome and to work again in unity. I then asked if we could pray together. She reluctantly agreed. I plead with the Lord to help us overcome. You know me the waterworks were on full blast. I sincerely felt like giving up. Heavenly Father helped her to open up and we got a lot out in the open. It's going to be a long transfer but we will work together and it will be great. We made promises to do better and all will be well. Syster Brown works at a different pace but she loves everyone and works hard to show it. She gave me a hug in church yesterday as our nyömvand went up and sang in the priesthood choir. It's honestly the most love I have felt since leaving Mommaitos and Rachelitios and Ryanitos, well not Ryan I couldn't hug him lol. She is awesome.
Yesterday was my first söndag here and it was awesome. The ward here is huge and they all actually talk to each other! We had a correlation meeting with the Ward Mission Leader and Ward missionaries, we had a married investigator couple come (Epiphanny and Caliss from Nigeria) They are awesome and I shook Per G. Malm's hand and didn't recognize him. After Sacrament he took me aside and said Syster Juker be good. It was pretty cool. He came out of the room with the Stake President, Biskop and others and I shook all of their hands they asked about how long I'd been in Sweden and such. I struggled to answer in Swedish, but when talking to Elder Malm everything came out right and in Swedish. It was pretty sweet.
My challenge this week is to take time each day to study the scriptures. In the morning before work, at night before bed. Just take that time to show the Lord that you are thankful for all that He has given you and that you have put Him, or are trying to put Him as a priority in your life. To those who already have this schedule going, create a journal that you can keep your inspiration in. When the Lord knows that you value it, He is more willing to give you more. I have felt this as a missionary. I started my study journal before I came and its just full of good inspiration that has helped me, my companions, my investigators and those people I contact on the street. I know that if you keep a record and do as Richard G Scott admonishes in PME you will unlock the key to more. =)
Write a newly replanted missionary a letter =) also known as me =)
Thank you for all the love and support. I really need it and appreciate it! more adventures to follow!!!!
Love
Syster Juker
I'm trying pictures but we shall see if it will work. If not Ill try later at the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment