From: Jennifer Juker <jennifer.juker@myldsmail.net>
Date: Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: HI!
To: Nancy Juker <njuker@gmail.com>
Hey Everybody,
Oh my goodness I'm in love with the MTC! The spirit here is just as Elder Juker has said. Last week on p-day we were in the Laundry room doing our email stuff while the laundry was going. But I couldn't remember my login for myldsmail so i couldn't even check mine. Then I tried so many times it locked me out and asked for my membership number so this time I came prepared! Its crazy this time limit thing. lol I just wish I could type as things came to mind, like the words would just appear. Anyway side notes :)
The MTC is in like a time warp thing. Its been two weeks and It just feels like one gigantic day. We wake up and do all the same things over and over again. But I'm still in love it just doesn't matter here. So far I'm not sure what you all know. So here goes, I have two companions Sister DeTinne-Cassel and Sister Vistaunet! They are lovely. They both talk often and a lot so I'm having to jump way out of my comfort zone when we are in the TRC and such. But I certainly love them. I struggled for a bit but after a few girl nights of talking we have all warmed up pretty well. We get along really well now. I'm really having to work on my communications skills seeing as we have all grown up so differently. But The Lord definitely knew what He was doing when he put us three together. We have all agreed that that is true. :)
Sister Vistaunet and I sing in the MTC Choir when we can. So far we sang a song called "Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands" that was yesterday before devotional. It is a great song and you should all look up the lyrics and really think about the sacrifice that God made by sending Christ for us and the love that Christ has for us, even when we are stupid and don't do exactly as we should. :) Devotionals are on Sunday and Tuesday nights they are absolutely my favorite. I'm not so much a fan of P-day just because I have so much to do on top of laundry and studying. But I love it all the same.
I completely understand why Elder Juker just wrote everything in one long sentence, paragraph thing. Its a stressful thing writing these emails. lol I miss you all lots. Thank you so much for the dearelders and the letters and everything. Especially the prayers. They are what keeps me going all of them actually :). Oh Mom and Dad the Apple pie was so good you'll hear and see that in the letter I'm sending off today. Pictures are included there. I'm not sure on the rule about uploading pictures as you go on here but I definitely want pictures out there. Also on Facebook people might add me. Like my companions family and such add them if you will and tag them in any pictures you upload. lol They definitely want the word out on facebook. Which I think is silly but oh well.
I'm so sucked into this work its crazy. I love the personal and companionship study. We all do. The spirit here is awesome. Oh Svenska! Oh how it is my weak point. i love studying and I love trying to figure out the new language and all that jazz but sometimes it just makes me blah. Sister D.C is way good. She studied linguistics and knows Spanish and Arabic so she asks questions way above all of our heads. most of the time I follow to a point then ask a simpler question for myself. :)
After devotional we have a district meeting with our Branch Presidency member or president. Last night was with Bro and Sis Mangus. They are awesome. We went through our notes and talked about our companions. Each having to say something nice about our companions. It was pretty funny because we did that the night before last as District inventory. but after everyone. the six Swedish Missionaries and the four Norway missionaries said stuff. Brother Mangus looked at me and said "The strong and silent one right" It really made me laugh. I'm trying really hard to not be the quiet one. But as you all well know its me. Id rather not speak if i feel nothing is to be said. But I'm working hard.
Also when we were working on learning Joseph Smith History 1:16-17 we spoke of The First Vision and all that it entails. It really made me realize the importance of prayer. Even when Satan does his best to make us feel not worthy or keep us from doing what we know is true and right. No matter what you have to me sure to use the power of prayer in all that you do. That is the way you will make it through trials in this life. I know that prayer is real and that if you think you are just talking to a wall you are wrong. Prayer is such a vital part of my testimony and I really realize now how very important it is for us to pray always with real intent and act on the promptings of the holy ghost.
Oh I figured something out while here. We use the entire Godhead when we pray. We pray in the name of the Father, we close with his son Jesus Christ and then we listen to the feelings and promptings of the Holy Ghost to know what to do with what we have been given and such.
The Gift of tongues is real and I'm so thankful for the Testimony I have of this gospel and the knowledge I've been able to share with my companions and district. I'm thankful for all of you guys back at home and the love and support you have given me. It's a huge comfort to know you are all praying for me. You are all in my prayers.
Jag alskar du alla
Syster Juker :)
No comments:
Post a Comment